Re: cyano and Future floor polish

From: roger kockaerts (permadocument@yahoo.com)
Date: 01/19/03-03:25:00 AM Z

Hello Christina,
Cyanotype as any other photographic process fades under light exposure, but cyanotype is probably the only photographic process that recovers the fading partially by prolonged conservation in darkness.
Greetings from Brussels,
Roger

 "Christina Z. Anderson" <zphoto@montana.net> wrote:Judy et al,
I left the cyano with Future on it out in the Montana sun for a couple
days. I covered half of it up, and had both the Future part and the
non-Future coated part exposed to the sun. The more navy color of the cyano
that the Future produced has remained so--it did not revert to the
turquoisish shade either covered or sun exposed. But on both cyanos there
is a marked difference in density (in other words, fading) that occurred
from the sun exposure. Do cyanos normally fade with strong sun? I thought
they were quite archival.
P.S. Still haven't received my MSDS from Johnson and Johnson even tho
they said they'd fax it that night.
Chris

Roger Kockaerts
Permadocument - pH7