Re: coating albumen

From: Jack Fulton (jefulton1@attbi.com)
Date: 01/21/03-09:57:20 AM Z

that was me Judy . . and it was Carlos Gasparinho who used it. We went to a
fabric store and went through a number of synthetic pile fabrics. We settled
upon a white one (for you very easily see the stains etc.). the pile is
'generally available' at any decent fabric store though I've noted recently
they are diminishing and being replaced by semi-craft/fabric stores.
  I've never used it for albumen but for VDB, Cyanotype, Pl/Pd and the
Kallitype they work superbly. It is (was anyway for me) much easier to
achieve smooth to near perfect results on a consistent basis w/this method.
Jack