traditional cyanotype

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 01/23/03-09:20:44 AM Z

Good morning, group!
I've checked a bunch of books for the formula for traditional cyanotype, and
the amount of FAC and pot ferri tend to vary. Am I correct in assuming that
the greater the amount of FAC, the faster the formula, and the greater
amount of pot ferri, the more contrasty? Is there one correct formula, and
if so, what is the best one to use? I am currently using Ware's formula, on
Japanese paper, and have had some fun results, but thought I would also test
it against the traditional formula. And, as is usual, I cannot find my
issue #5 of Post Factory, which is the cyano issue if I'm not mistaken.
Judy, can you buy a back issue and for how much? I know I lent it to a
student but of course cannot remember which one. I keep making that
mistake.
Chris