Re: traditional cyanotype

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 01/23/03-05:31:02 PM Z

Christina,

That was actually in fact one reason I started Post-Factory... Shuffling
through files & piles whenever I needed a formula was a pain.. Now I know
where they are, with a table of contents, & lately an index, even.

There may not be as Philippe says, a "right" cyano formula (Bob Schramm
for instance varies his ratios), but there's one that's given in most
sources, those that don't do the oxalic acid anyway. I tested the various
variants. On my papers the "classic", following, was generally the best.

solution A = 20 grams (5 tsp) ferric ammonium citrate in 100 cc distilled

solution B = 8 grams (1-1/4 tsp) postassium ferricyanide in 100 cc
distilled.

Equal parts A&B, mixed at time of use is customary.

Happy blueing...

Judy