gelatin hardener (was: paper for cyanotype or other alt processes)

From: Ryuji Suzuki -- JF7WEX (RSuzuki@MIT.EDU)
Date: 01/28/03-09:48:31 AM Z

From: Scott Wainer <smwbmp@starpower.net>
Subject: Re: Spam Alert: paper for cyanotype or other alt processes
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 22:11:44 -0500

> The traditional cyanotype formula used (see the James' book) does not seem
> to conflict with additional gelatin sizing or the use of a hardening bath
> (Glyaxol).

You said "glyaxol" twice, but is it glyoxal (oxalaldehyde) by any
chance? How do you keep the solution? (It doesn't last long in
contact with air) Who's your supplier and how much do you pay for it?

I'm interested in trying it or glutaraldehyde to harden gelatin in
silver halide emulsion. Did anyone try these? (What's the hardener
MACO sells with their liquid emulsion - does anyone know?)

Thanks!!

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"You're crazy man, there's no one here but me and my machines!" (Neil Young)