Re: variables of dichromate

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 07/05/03-01:24:22 AM Z

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, Katharine Thayer wrote:
> ... The fact that ammonium dichromate
> can be mixed stronger than potassium dichromate IS a property of the
> chemical; the fact that ammonium dichromate at saturation prints faster
> than potassium dichromate at saturation, IS a property of the chemical.

etc. etc.

Since the premise of both Sandy's and my remarks was that saturated
solution strengths vary among the 3 dichromates, this was understood. The
point being made was that discussion of properties (speed or whatever)
must be pegged to solution strength. To declare that properties are
different at different strengths therefore not only belabors the obvious,
it risks confusing rather than clarifying the point.

Judy