POP and D-min, D-max & DR

From: Yu rei (nanocrystals2003@yahoo.co.jp)
Date: 07/07/03-02:19:13 AM Z

Hi, Folks.

Another round at Gelatin POP this month... I have
questions, a lot of questions:

Anyone on the list using or recently used Chiacago Albumen
Works (CAW) Centennial POP paper?

I would like to have the empty (or almost empty) box.

If anyone has an empty Centennial POP box with the
instructions and interleaving paper still inside and could
part with it, I would be happy to pay the postage....
(please contact me off list)

They (CAW) mention that the best film for making duplicate
negatives was Kodak and Agfa's color seperation films...

Can someone put a specfic name and number on these films?

I want to look at their Data Sheets, if anyone knows where
they might be hiding on the internet.

More POP related questions:

What is the DR of an average neg film like Tri -X or T-Max
(With "Standard Processing") ?

Which is (more) important in negs for POP? Negatives with
High Contrast or with High Densities (that is to say High
overall density and high D-Max )

What would approach optional in terms of an acceptable
D-Min & D-Max values?

Step Wedges for POP...
What size density difference between steps do you
(everyone/anyone) find works best for gelatin POP? I
imagine that 1/2 or 1/3 stop steps may be too fine for
negatives suitable for POP... any comments?

Has anyone made their own step wedges?
How?

Thanks!