Re: contact printing frames

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 07/07/03-03:25:07 PM Z

Judy Seigel wrote:

>I realize that alt printers LIKE doing things the hard way, but I keep
>thinking maybe someone is listening --
>
>What is ALWAYS good, or good for me, available anywhere and no shipping
>charge or customs, is two sheets of plate glass -- the print sandwich gets
>sandwiched between them. Tape or glue the edge of one sheet so a piece
>sticks out for lifting, and you have no hassle perfect contact one size
>fits all, no springs, no pinched fingers, and you can let the paper hang
>out anywhere you want. True you can't so easily check progress, but...

Judy,

Well, you have brought this up many times in the past so don't expect
a different outcome this time around. My experience is that the
method you describe does not provide adequate sharpness for me. I get
much better results with a contact printing frame, if well adjusted
of course, and more consistent results again with a vacuum frame.

And that is just for the record cause I don't expect to change your
mind on the subject!!!

Sandy