Re: Digital Negs on Epson 2200 (new info!)

FDanB@aol.com
Date: 07/10/03-06:29:08 AM Z

John said in his message...

>I assume (always dangerous) that the curves, printer settings, and media
>choices will also apply to the 2200's bigger siblings, the 7600 and 9600. .
>. right?

Yes, that 2200/7600/9600 similarity is mentioned on my site.

>Also, any comments on "chrome" vs "dye" inks in these printers for digital
>negatives? I'm currently running a 2200 and a 7600 for prints (from chrome
>inks), and have another 7600 for negatives (using dye). Do you suppose the
>curves (etc) will apply equally across these configurations?

For this series of printers I only tested the pigment inks, since that's
where the tickle factor is right now. Note that you must use the PK
(Photo Black) inks and not the MK (Matte Black) pigment ink. The latter
will smudge off the substrate...unless you want to use some sort of spray
fixative.

>Oh, and (I can't resist, I'm using "another computer platform")-- *What*
>equivalent settings. . . ?

Curses! ;^) You should be able to find the same media, resolution, flip
horizontal, etc. settings somewhere in your print dialog box. I'd check
myself but I break out with hives when I touch a PC. :-0

See you next week in Santa Fe!

Dan

www.danburkholder.com