Re: GUM TESTING

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 07/14/03-07:32:50 AM Z

Christina Z. Anderson wrote:

> So you could actually just duplicate this with test strips exposed under
> plain dichromate--my exposures were UV BL 5 minutes.
> Chris

Okay, the sun came out, and I've got a test going. I tried to stick with
replicating your results as above for now, with one change. I used
saturated dichromates, but rather than giving them the same exposure, I
tried to expose them so the dichromate stain in the borders (I made
really big borders) was the same shade of brown on both. Unfortunately I
missed and exposed the ammonium too long, even though its exposure was
significantly shorter than the time for the potassium. So the ammonium
dichromate stain is a bit darker than the potassium dichromate stain
and so any difference I see in result between the dichromates will be
uninterpretable. At any rate this is really just a quick and dirty test
anyway to see if I can get the same bleaching you got, even with the
potassium.

Too sick to do more than this today; I'll report back with my results,
hopefully before you've left for APIS.
kt