Re:Chromium fade test

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 07/17/03-12:57:16 PM Z

Katharine Thayer wrote:

> Hey Chris
> I re-covered my test prints after scanning to keep them fresh so I can
> give them more sun over time; we'll see how many hours of northwest
> coastal sun it takes to actually bleach these out.

Well, I think I'm about done with this test, or at least have reached
the point of diminishing returns both as far as the fading and as far as
my interest in it.

After 24 total hours in direct sun, I've only managed to get the stains
to bleach to 207 for the Ammonium and 215 for the Potassium dichromate
(on a scale of 0 to 255 where 255 is white) and the small change in
density from last night's reading after 10 hours of intense sun today
seems to indicate, as I say, that I've reached the point of diminishing
returns; in other words the probability that after another 10 or 20
hours of sun it would bleach out to nothing, the way it's going, is very
small. So I'm throwing in the towel on this one.

kt