Re: American Annual of Photography 1929 re Fresson

From: Richard Knoppow (dickburk@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 07/19/03-07:02:05 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sil Horwitz" <silh@earthlink.net>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 7:42 AM
Subject: Re: American Annual of Photography 1929 re Fresson

> At 2003-07-14 08:04 AM -0500, Christina wrote:
> > Anyway, if you go to the University of Minnesota
webpage and check under
> >their MnCat catalog, you can access all the books. I
think the Annual was
> >from....late 1800's up to even 1947 I took notes out of.
>
> It was published past the 1950s, because they printed an
article of mine on
> "Brown Toning" in the 1950 issue. Probably put them out of
business. :-)

> ---sil
> Sil Horwitz, FPSA
> silh@earthlink.net
> personal page: http://www.silphoto.us

  If someone has access to the back numbers of American
Photography Magazine it might be worth going over the
articals in it for more on this subject. I have a good
collection but it does not go back beyond the early thirties
except for a few scattered numbers. American Photography was
the great bastion of pictorialist photography in the U.S.
for three decades at least. This sort of reseach is time
consuming and I think the older issues of the magazine may
be hard to find. Nonetheless, there may be profit in the
project. Its possible cumulative indexes were published, if
so, they would of course be very helpful.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com