RE: Many cyanotype questions...

From: Loris Medici (lorism@tnn.net)
Date: 07/22/03-01:31:49 AM Z

Hi Ian,

Oh, I definitely underexpose my cyanotypes then... Thanks for the tip.
Will try it in the weekend...

> print down but
> you can't increase it (unless you're willing to print over
> your first
> layer.. I've made a couple nice gum over cyan prints that way)

I also tried to double coat in order to get deeper blues. I got deeper
blues indeed but also much more grain (showing itself only in double
coated sections of the paper - looking like extreme flaking). Does this
phenomenon indicates that the paper suffers from bad sensitizer
reception? What can be done to make the paper more receptive and prevent
the emulsion disperse in the developer?

> Grain: If your negative isn't grainy then it must be your paper, try
> another kind. Paper is cheap. :) I'm not familiar with
> Canson's paper, sorry.

AFAIK, this is the paper that Demachy was using for his gum prints.

Thank you,
Loris.