Re: News from APIS

From: Ed Buffaloe (EdBuffaloe@UnblinkingEye.Com)
Date: 07/23/03-05:13:51 AM Z

Actually, I suspect any "hype" came simply from the necessity to promote
APIS--I found Stuart Melvin to be quite self deprecating. He didn't make
any claims for originality. All you have to do is look at his prints to see
that he is an expert printer of both platinum and gum. I was very glad to
learn from him, as I am also glad to learn from Dave Rose, Sam Wang,
Katherine Thayer, and all the other expert gum printers on this list.
Perhaps it was our expectations that were overblown, but the proof is in the
prints.