Re: Dry Dichromate and Gum, was Re: News from APIS

From: Clay (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 07/24/03-07:50:57 AM Z

> What you seem to be suggesting here is that smooth coatings are
> available only to people using less water, and that only those not
> caring about smooth coating would use more water,

Katherine:

I don't mean to suggest this at all.

I think you may be reading a little too much between the lines here.
This is no attempt to 'dis' any other technique. I personally have
gotten extremely smooth coats using saturated solutions and traditional
application methods. This (dry dichromate, etc.) is just one more way
to do it. In no way do I mean to make a categorical "This is the only
way to get smooth coats" pronouncement. This is just one more tool in a
universe of possibilities. I stated only that the viscosity allows
smooth coats. I did not say nor mean to imply that the any other way is
necessarily worse, inferior, or anything else. Do whatever works for
you.

Cheers,

Clay