Re: Bromo-iodide Silver Gelatin Emulsion as an Alternative process.

From: Ryuji Suzuki (rs@silvergrain.org)
Date: 07/24/03-12:27:35 PM Z

> I am also having some Chemical abstracts translated from Russian which I
> believe to contain the proprietary stuff that Kodak and Ilford have been
> unwilling to share with me - understandibly.

What is the "proprietary stuff that Kodak have been unwilling to
share" that is in the Russian literature? What date is it?

> I am also experimenting with spin coating and growing tabular crystals. I
> would be interested in hearing if anyone has had luck in these areas as
> well.

I haven't made any, but there are fairly recent papers on tabular
grain emulsions.

I made spin coaters but not for pictorial photography purposes. I used
photosensitive resins to make microstripline circuits on various
substrates. Basic one is pretty simple to make, but if you want
excellent results, minimizing the vibration from the motor, method of
securing the plate, etc. are important. More of the problem with spin
coating with silver gelatin is that a lot of emulsion will be wasted.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Reality has always had too many heads." (Bob Dylan, Cold Irons Bound, 1997)