Re: News from APIS

From: Richard Sullivan (richsul@earthlink.net)
Date: 07/24/03-01:51:06 PM Z

"Not happy" is putting it rather mildly! Not that he was in a rage but
listening to him I gathered he didn't make much more than a nickel on the
book.

It is still in print and he said the publisher had the rights to it until
out of print. Arentz also praised the section on syntax as I have as well.

RE: books --

Arentz is working on a second edition of his platinum book which as I
understand it is going to be much larger. It will have chapters on Na2 and
Shreiber's digipyro neg making and much more.

I hear the Gum Mafia is jointly preparing a book so that should launch the
gum world into a new paradigm.

For the more obscure processes Kinko's publishing will make the author more
money. We sell quite a few of Laughter's Bromoil 101, and Sandy's Carbon book.

It is good to see publishers letting authors have the space needed to do
justice to the art. Christopher James's publisher let him have the space
necessary and in my opinion his book is the best out there. Jill Enfiled
told me her publisher limited the size of her book and so she had to leave
out a lot. Duh! Sure way to make a loser.

"Mr. Dylan, no way in hell will stations play a song 6 minutes long. Edit
down that Like a Rolling Stone piece!"

--Dick Sullivan