Re: Na2 at APIS

From: Clay (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 07/24/03-05:29:24 PM Z

This was scammed from his talk:

Using the serial dilution method, you can make 4 different dilutions of
Na2:
as delivered(20%), 10%, 5%, and 2.5%. Using Na2 as an addition to a
standard 6 drops Pd/6 drops Ferric oxalate mix, Dick came up with the
following drop schedule and appropriate Density Range (DR) negative:
Note: Dick uses Cranes Platinotype, so if you use a different paper
with a different inherent contrast, your appropriate negative DR may
vary:

Contrast mix # Drops Pd Drops FO Drops Na2 DR
1 6 6 1x2.5% 1.85
2 6 6 1x5% 1.75
3 6 6 1x10% 1.60
4 6 6 3x5% 1.50
5 6 6 1x20% 1.40
6 6 6 3x10% 1.30
7 6 6 2x20% 1.20
8 6 6 3x20% 1.15

Naturally, he had curves to illustrate this in similar manner as the
first edition of his book.

Hope this formatting remains when I send the email.

Clay