Re: Bromo-iodide Silver Gelatin Emulsion as an Alternative process

From: Ryuji Suzuki (rs@silvergrain.org)
Date: 07/24/03-07:04:09 PM Z

From: Bill Marsh <redcloud54@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Bromo-iodide Silver Gelatin Emulsion as an Alternative process
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 19:18:50 -0400

> You know Ansel used to do alot of work on Tri-x Ortho.
> Would that be easier to make?

Orthochromatic emulsions would be a lot easier to deal with than
panchromatic ones, since we can use deep red light. I also found a
couple of dyes that I can buy through laboratory supply companies for
orthochromatic sensitization. I'll be playing with this line of idea
pretty soon. (But I'd love to see infrared plates more than
orthochromatic plates!)

I don't know about Tri-X Ortho. Does anyone have spec sheets scanned
into a PDF or something?

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Reality has always had too many heads." (Bob Dylan, Cold Irons Bound, 1997)