RE: chemigrams at APIS 2003

From: Samuel Greene (chemigram@yahoo.com)
Date: 07/24/03-06:58:59 PM Z

Is this woman one person or Two?
Would she mind me contacting her do you think?Some folks do not like to give out secrets.
All the way from New Zealand huh? International is right!
Thanks to those who replied, actually i would like to know what you all think of this as a valid alternative process, I mean it is an alternative use, but it is Gelatine silver, has she applied this to any other medias?
To those who actually saw the work, what colours did she get? What sort of imagery was it? Anyone have photos at all?
This is great, I thought I was the only one doing this, I found it by accident in a gallery years ago after a friend did a workshop, had no idea it had a following.

Sam

Jonathan Bailey <jon@jonathan-bailey.com> wrote:
Dan,

> Polli Mariner of New Zealand was the presenter and she did a great job,
> starting out simple and moving on to the more involved work. Jill and I
> liked her chemigrams so much we worked a trade with her! Polli's email is
> polliarts@yahoo.co.nz
>
> For anyone interested, you can view or download a handout from 1994 when
> I taught Chromoskedasic Printing (a highfalutin name for the Chemigram)
> at UTSA. This paper covers a method that uses Kodak Dektol, Activator and
> Stabilizer. Note that neither my students nor I made prints as nice as
> Polli's!

Did you ever work with (or know) L. Murry Jamison?? She once lived in
Hallowell, Maine but is now in Santa Barbara, CA. I've seen exhibited
numerous of her "Chromoskedasic Printing" prints and liked them very much.
She was giving workshops in the process - in The Islands, I believe....
(nice work if you can get it!!)

Best - JB
www.jonathan-bailey.com
Tenants Harbor, Maine