RE: News from APIS

From: Stuart W Melvin (swmelvin@earthlink.net)
Date: 07/25/03-09:23:21 AM Z

Hey all,

I also use variables other than Dichro to control contrast in various
coatings. Obviously two coatings comprised of identical ingredients with the
exception of pigment, one being of a light color (say gold ochre) and the
other being of a darker, richer pigment (say prussian blue), will produce an
appearance of differing contrast levels simply due to the fact that the
fully exposed shadows of the deeper blue coating will be heavier relative to
the high values and paper white than the yellow ochre could possibly
produce. The variations of Dichro percentages is simply an additional tool
to employ. No more-No less.

Reiterating-ly
Stuart