Gum viscosity

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 07/25/03-11:44:59 AM Z

The information Gordon contributed a while back about viscosity and
specific gravity not being correlated with each other has been running
around in my head in the context of this discussion. Could it be
possible that though all our gums have the same specific gravity they
have very different viscosities? When Chris and I started talking about
gum printing, she mentioned to me that the standard emulsion was
"watery" and I objected to the word, saying that I certainly wouldn't
call it watery, it was much more like gum, thick and viscous, than like
water. But maybe... they really were that different. Something else to
think about...