Re: Bromo-iodide Silver Gelatin Emulsion as an Alternative process

From: Ryuji Suzuki (rs@silvergrain.org)
Date: 07/27/03-07:44:25 PM Z

I asked these before, but I didn't hear the ansers...

1. What's so special about this particular dye? There are several
   other dyes that can be used for silver gelatin process, which are
   available from standard lab chemical supply companies, and I don't
   know why one might want to go through trouble to get that
   particular dye.

2. How do you mix and coat the quasi-panchromatic material without
   automation?

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Reality has always had too many heads." (Bob Dylan, Cold Irons Bound, 1997)