RE: Age of Rodenstock lens

From: Tor-Einar Jarnbjo (tor-einar@jarnbjo.de)
Date: 06/02/03-03:40:48 PM Z

> Given the likely volume of lenses made the list makes
> sense but the age given by phone does not.
> I suspect the lady at Rodenstock either got the number
> wrong or read the list wrong. Perhaps an extra digit got
> inserted. If she interpreted the serial number as, say,
> 370023, the 1930 date would be right. I strongly suspect
> this is what happened.

The estimate was based on the lens type/brand and not on the serial number.
But of course, the man may have made a mistake. I would also have dated the
lens much older than 1930 based on the "look", but who knows. Perhaps
someone here knows anything about this Bistigmat 13x18cm large format lens?

Tor