Re: digital negs & Epson backlight film

From: Sil Horwitz (silh@earthlink.net)
Date: 06/08/03-08:35:17 PM Z

At 2003-06-08 03:49 PM -0400, you wrote:
>Incidentally, Christina, on page 39 of P-F #8, under "Substrates," I wrote
>that Epson Inkjet Back Light Film is not only much more expensive than the
>Kodak Backlit, but blocks most UV light. That from my own tests. Judy

Judy and Christina - Epson Back Light Film is made of mylar, which
completely blocks UV (in other words, it is a UV filter, and will appear
black in UV light). I don't know what the Kodak film is, but since most of
their films are either of acetate or poly plastics, they should not block
UV transmission.

---sil
Sil Horwitz, FPSA
silh@earthlink.net