RE: Epson 2200 vs 1280 printers

larry.roohr@attbi.com
Date: 06/08/03-08:28:11 PM Z

Mike Kravit has reported great results with the 2200 and Dan's method and curve,
results as good as his copy neg's on palladium prints. Mike had the bugs wrung
out on his 1280 prior to this but had to use the Imageprint rip to get the
quality he wanted, very expensive.I have one of Mikes 5x7 work prints from a
1280 neg and it's lovely. So based on all that I'd recomend the 2200.

One other thing coming up soon is the Peizography inks in the Canon s9000 wide
printer (which are going for 318$ US, new, on ebay right now). Apparently the
Peizo pigment inks stick to glossy media due to the heating action of the Canon
print head. Another big advantage of the Canon is you can buy a second print
head and swap the different inks out with no hassle at all, so the printer can
do double duty for little cost.

But, trailblazing with this stuff can get ugly and expensive, unless your into
that the best thing to do is get the 2200 and take advantage of all the work Dan
has done already, buy his book or take one of his one day seminars if you can
get to one.

Larry