Re: Epson 2200 vs 1280 printers

From: Don Bryant (dsbryant@mindspring.com)
Date: 06/10/03-06:49:25 AM Z

J.R.,

> But the larger format of the 2200 is a plus.

They are both 13x19 printers.

> Is the color that much more fantastic with the 7-color inks?

Yes, the 2200 produces superlative color prints. A side by side comparison
makes this quite obvious.

>Does anyone have experience such that they could give me an idea is the
2200, having more print nozzles, gives more problems with nozzle clogging
than the 1280 does, which, I assume, has fewer nozzles?

Clogging is usually a function of the type of ink, frequency of printer use
and environmental conditions. I've heard no reports with 2200 clogging
problems and is probably less likely to clog than the 1280.

> Does the archival data of 80 yrs vs 27 yrs hold up when the image is
printed on fine art papers?

That's what they say but no one really knows.

> And, lastly, is image sharpness perceptibly better with the 2200,
particularly on fine art papers?

Thats a hard one to call but IMO, no.

I don't own a 2200 but wish I did but I also don't own a 1280 and wish I
did. If I had to choose just one for making enlarged negatives or color
prints I would choose the 2200.

Don Bryant