Epson 2200 vs 1280 printers

Jrtaylorphoto@aol.com
Date: 06/06/03-07:21:53 AM Z

I have been comparing the stats for the Epson 2200 Stylus photo printer (the
max my current budget will allow) vs those for the 1280. I have read the
detailed literature giving comparisons of archival qualities, etc. However, the
rebate now being offered for the 1280 makes it very attractive....some dollars
left to buy consumables! But the larger format of the 2200 is a plus. And I
scan 35mm slides as opposed to using a digital camera.

Having had no practical experience with either of the printer models, my
questions are:

Is the color that much more fantastic with the 7-color inks? Does anyone
have experience such that they could give me an idea is the 2200, having more
print nozzles, gives more problems with nozzle clogging than the 1280 does,
which, I assume, has fewer nozzles?

Does the archival data of 80 yrs vs 27 yrs hold up when the image is printed
on fine art papers?

And, lastly, is image sharpness perceptibly better with the 2200,
particularly on fine art papers?

Thanks in advance for comments about your experiences!

J. Rowe Taylor
Mukilteo, WA
jrtaylorphoto@aol.com