RE: a newbie's first post: gum, temperaprint, oil printing,sizing,and computer negatives

From: Keith Gerling (keithgerling@att.net)
Date: 06/16/03-03:48:05 PM Z

Hi Chris,

In the morning, when the sun is behind my house, I often coat, dry, and
develop out-of-doors - weather (and right now, mosquitoes), allowing. Mind
you, I don't temp fate: I try to un-hang and cover up the paper when it is
dry. The only time I've ever had any problems is when I let time get away
from me and let bright sunlight shine directly onto the print. My indoor
work area has large windows on two sides, and the table where I coat my
prints is shoved right up against one of these so that I can see what I'm
doing, so it's not that must different than working outside. At night,
there is always incandescent and fluorescent lights blazing. I figure that
people that advise to work under bug-light or safelight conditions have
never tried anything else.

Keith