Re: ConeTech Digital Negatives

From: Don Bryant (dsbryant@mindspring.com)
Date: 06/16/03-08:44:01 PM Z

Chris,
> Can't comment on the thinness of your neg, although I saw Dan's
> colorized neg at APIS in 1999 and it was barely there, but that was the
> orangey colored one, not the Cone inks.

The color fill spectral density negatives have had a different character
than the optical density negs and have printed pretty easily. I expect that
they would as long as one doesn't try to print a gum with heavy orange
colored pigment.

> But I did want to add to the below that I found a cheap OHP at Office
> Max--Apollo brand Ink Jet Printer Transparency Film, 50 sheets for $20,
and
> it, too, does not scratch or smudge or run and works just fine. I
printed,
> let it dry, and then 5 minutes later was exposing my cyano.

How does it compare visually to the Pictorico? Sounds like a bargain, the
Pictorico is a bit pricey.

Don