also digital camera question Re: Gum Question

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 06/26/03-01:24:04 AM Z

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Ricardo Wildberger Lisboa wrote:

> Although deionized ossein, as a gelatin made from bones, isnīt the proper
> thing to be used in place of gum arabic, it is, for sure, correct to be used
> as a sizing element, specially in a pure and a 240 bloom form, isnīt it ?
> Thanks,
>
> Ric

There have been folks who advocated deionized for paper size. In my tests
it was AWFUL. If I implied its use in place of gum arabic, it was late at
night probably... Sorry.

I've also tried various blooms and styles, and found none of them as good
as plain cooking gelatin (Knox in the US). As I recall, the Knox is
"porcine" gelatin, that is, made from pig parts, but rather soft, maybe
200 or 250 bloom???

And speaking of late at night (now 3:02 AM), what is this business about
carnal relations only between folks of equal power? Take that back into
history & total human population would be about 12; pashas, moguls, kings,
warriors, et al, would be as monks. That whole literary genre about the
knight & the beggar maid, Cinderella to Cindy Sherman, would never have
been, if you could imagine western civ without it. In fact, we'd still be
finned creatures in the sea. Maybe not so bad when you look at the mess
we've made, but... bad for alt photo and literature. (No whatshername --
how do you spell Scheherazade?)

Finally, any new wisdom on digital cameras? I want one light enough to
stick in my purse and carry EVERYWHERE, but with enough pixels to make
negatives 16 by 20. A friend in the biznez says Canon is now ahead of
Nikon technically....Tho I'm not sure I want the latest bells & whistles.
Maybe that's another e-mail? Well, not at 3:11 AM.... Sorry again.

Judy