Re: also digital camera question

FDanB@aol.com
Date: 06/26/03-11:55:29 AM Z

You said in your message...

>Finally, any new wisdom on digital cameras? I want one light enough to
>stick in my purse and carry EVERYWHERE, but with enough pixels to make
>negatives 16 by 20. A friend in the biznez says Canon is now ahead of
>Nikon technically....Tho I'm not sure I want the latest bells & whistles.
>Maybe that's another e-mail? Well, not at 3:11 AM.... Sorry again.

Well Judy, how big is your purse?

Really nice 16x20s are only going to come from a higher resolution camera
and they are neither compact nor inexpensive. And yes, Canon is (for the
time being) in the lead.

If a "really sharp" 16x20 isn't on your wish list, there are some nice
compact cameras that do amazingly well. Canon's 4MP 400S is pretty sweet.
I'm using a tiny (fits in an Altoids tin with the lid closed) Pentax
Optio S. This little jewel is only 3.2MP but it's also just 4 oz. and
truly small enough to fit in a shirt pocket. It boots quickly and has
lots of features that I actually use. It's the handiest camera I've ever
owned.

For very good reviews of digital cameras click on the "reviews" link at
the following:

www.dpreview.com

Good luck!

Dan