RE: Matting and framing Theory

From: Vincent Dobson (manitec@bellsouth.net)
Date: 06/28/03-11:42:07 AM Z

I feel if you can maintain a competitive price point (for your area), the
framed ones would sell better. The problem (I find) is to find one frame to
go with all images because the logistics of offering multiple frame choices
is daunting. At my first show thought to offer about 30 framing choices
planning to complete the order and ship later. Big and stupid mistake on my
part - customers walked away while I was tied up for seemingly one hour
trying to help someone make a decision on a frame choice. I'm going the
Henry Ford route - any color as long as it's black.

I like (for most prints) either photo gray with a black core or a soft off
white vellum (Bainbridge Alpha Mats), again with a black core.

I know 100% rag is the archival standard but the Alpha Mat line from
Bainbridge is recognized as archival.

Vince Dobson
Visions In Nature
www.VisionsInNature.com