Re: Matting and framing Theory

kthayer@pacifier.com
Date: 06/29/03-09:40:37 AM Z

> I've sometimes seen prints mounted with *much* more white below than
> above, and that does look ridiculous to my eye.
>
> ---Carl

I recently came across a couple of early prints of mine which I matted
off-center side to side, i.e. much more mat on one side of the print than
the other side. I thought it was SOOO cool at the time, but now it looks,
yes, quite ridiculous. And apparently buyers thought so too, because they
didn't sell.
kt