Re: fogging; japanese photography; gum

From: The Painted Horse (paintedhorse@in-tch.com)
Date: 03/01/03-01:04:16 PM Z

Shannon Stoney wrote:
  I am sold on the gum idea now, whereas previously I had not been too interested.

I've been lurking for about a year on this list just reading and trying
to digest as much information as possible. A lot of the processes
discussed here are still a bit foreign to me and most I had not even
seen examples of until finding this forum. Just yesterday I picked up
"The Book of Alternative Photgraphic Processes" by Christopher James.
Needless to say I was astounded at what the pages before me displayed.
My current work is a compilation of working in 8x10 pinhole, 8x10
Polaroid Transfers, and using Holgas.
I realized, after giving the book a quick glance, that I haven't even
begun to scratch the surface of what is available photographically.

Anyway, to relate this to Shannon's post. As of late there has been
quite a bit of discussion of the gum process and I am amazed how
diversely this process can render itself. Truly wonderful.

Bill Mull-