Alt-Chicago & Alt Photo Touring

Ender100@aol.com
Date: 03/02/03-01:34:39 PM Z

Thanks to the folks that responded to my earlier note regarding who is doing
alt photo in the Chicago, Northern Illinois, Southern Wisconsin, Northeaster
Indiana, Lake Michigan area.

We now have 5 folks who are interested in getting together to do show and
tell, swap stories, share the heart break of gum, passion for palladium and
just plain have some fun.

If anyone else is interested, you are more than welcome to join us when we
get together—just e-mail me off list.

In November and December I spent about 5 weeks driving through the Southwest
and was fortunate enough to meet some of the wonderful folks on this list.
It was a great thrill to see other people's work and get to know the faces
behind the digits of the alt photo list. A special thanks to Dick, Melody
and Keith Sullivan for arranging a show and tell party and inviting me into
their home. Also, I spent a great afternoon with Keith Schreiber and was
wowed by his palladium prints. Lorran and Charlotte Meares are great new
friends.

I have to say that you alt photo folks are certainly a wonderful group of
people. I hope to meet more of you in future travels. If anyone is coming
to the Chicago area, I would be glad to return the kindness that has been
extended to me. Perhaps it would be great to let people know if we might be
traveling a part of the country so that those who wish could arrange to meet.

Thanks all,
Mark Nelson