Re: Photographic censorship question

From: Richard Sullivan (richsul@earthlink.net)
Date: 03/02/03-02:40:02 PM Z

Arthur,

THANKS!

This is my first real hit on a historical incident. I've seen some early
erotica in publications but was not aware of any specific historical
incidents of suppression. Much of the surviving early print
erotica-pornography is of the high priced gold stamped leather bound
"gentlemen's" edition. Thus essentially protected since it was out of reach
of the common folk. I don't know how this might relate to photography since
it was pretty much a common art form though perhaps Daguerreotypes were
exempt and albumins were the target??

--Dick Sullivan