Re: gum printing

From: Hamish Stewart (hamish@gumphoto.fsnet.co.uk)
Date: 03/02/03-03:01:46 PM Z

On 2/3/03 18:48, "Jack Brubaker" <jack@jackbrubaker.com> wrote:

>>> I had NO idea "gummist" was such a loaded term. Thanks for
>>> enlightening me. It's just so easy to say. Gum printer is so...long and
>>> sounds like we are printmakers. Gum photographer, maybe?
>>

> I have no idea if others (perhaps better readers of history) would agree
> with my scorn of the "gumist" term. Don't trust me or anyone else to be a
> sole source of knowledge.
>
> Jack Brubaker

Jack for what it is worth I dislike the term as well, and yes I am aware of
the negative perspective on the term "gumist" or "gum splogers" was another
if I recall.

Dave mentioned 'photographer' which sits nicely :-)
Hamish Stewart - Gum Bichromate Photographer - visit
<http://www.gumphoto.fsnet.co.uk>
for gum bichromate images, technical information and links to recommended
resources on alternative photographic processes.
mailto:<hamish@gumphoto.fsnet.co.uk>