gum printing papers

From: Matti Koskinen (mjkoskin@koti.soon.fi)
Date: 03/04/03-01:34:09 PM Z

hi

I'm having trouble with watercolor papers. The cheap one, that would be
ideal for practising doesn't hold the pigments, they just get off from
the surface. I bought two sheets of Saunders 300gsm paper and the prints
are ok. But here one sheet costs $6 and as 99% of my prints fail, it's
getting too expensive. What kind of paper should do the job well for
practising? Does some sort of sizing help?

Does anybody have a curve for producing digital negatives for gum print?
I'm using Gimp, so a curve posted for cyanotype recently is the format
I'm searching for.

TIA

-matti