Re: Digital Negative & Imagesetter Negs

From: H. Lee Pratt (squnch@cox.net)
Date: 03/05/03-12:58:36 PM Z

Hello Don,

Preparing a digital negative requires that you go through a process
that will make your digital file ready to convert into a pseudo
continuous tone negative on lithographic film. It's not difficult, but
there is more to it than I can convey in an email.

Dan Burkholder's book, Making Digital Negative for Contact Printing
lays out the whole process in great detail. Visit www.danburkholder.com
to order it, and to view Dan's stunning photos.

Lee

H. Lee Pratt
Santa Barbara, CA 93108
squnch@cox.net