Re: Kallitypes again

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 03/08/03-09:12:34 AM Z

Scott,

Suggested coating procedure.

Coat on a clean, flat surface and secure the print at two sides with
either tape or pins so that it can not move during coating.

Apply a nice thick coat of solution to the paper with a brush. I
recommend a minimum of 2ml of solution per 8X10 print. Brush until
there is no more puddling of the sensitizer on the paper. It is very
important to know when to stop brushing: too soon and you will get
dark splotches on the print, too long and you will get streaking. My
feeling is that the addition of gum arabic would greatly complicate
this particular step.

After you finish brushing leave the coated paper flat on the support
for about 5 minutes to allow the sensitizer to soak in evenly, them
remove and hang to dry. For both of these steps I direct air from a
small fan over the coated paper.

At temperature of 70F and RH of 55-65% the paper will be completely
dry in about 15 minutes. I do not recommend the use of heated air, as
from a hair blower.

Sandy King