Re: Technical Pan - HELP

From: John (john@darkroompro.com)
Date: 03/11/03-12:00:22 AM Z

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 10:53:48 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have the curves for tech pan but I miss experience with this film.
>I want maximum densities of 3.0 (pure Pd work).
>I exposed it at 25 ISO for the shadows area.
>
>If one of you has experience in processing that film to that high density of 3.0, AND with all the details in the shadows,
>I would be glad to get the corresponding process info (no pyro here because no stain required, thanks).

        I personally haven't tried it but I'm very familiar with Tech Pan. I would
try HC-110 dil. F for 10 min. @ 70F. Your EI 25 is a little hot for that combo
but should assure good shadow detail.

        Of course Microphen straight for 6 min. @ 70F ought to give you some nice
beefy negs as well ;>)

Regards

 John S. Douglas Photographer & Webmaster
  Formulas, Facts and Info on the Photographic Process
                http://www.darkroompro.com