Re: Zimmerman process

From: pete (temperaprint@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: 03/12/03-06:22:15 PM Z

Dick.

> Pete,
>
> Could be. Could be!

Yere lets look at this in greater detail.

> I've had a glimmer of a thought about this but never really paid a lot of
> attention but now that you also bring it up, it is starting to sound better.
>

> Somewhere back in my old brain cells is a memory trace

You have them as well . A reference to a memory trace what is this ?
sounds very dangerous to me.

> using plain water color pigment and dichromate to make gum prints and I
> believe it was by reference to Zimmermann. Water color pigments in tubes
> used to use -- and some still do -- gum Arabic as a binder. Enough in
> there to make gum prints. Now that I am hearing about Zimmermann successes
> I believe my failure in early 70's was that I did not take him at his word
> and use too much gum. This even though I had reduced the amount of gum I
> had been using by 80% or more and proceeded to use the blotters. It was hot
> summer in Elay and as I recall it was bit peasy in 'ere and my blotters
> grew mold

And so they should

> I do recall seeing comments about how amazing his prints were.

Good on yer cobber this me in Australian mode, Never mind the rhyming slang

> I should have posted this rhyming Cockney but then I'd have lost you.<grin>

You will never lose me Dick

Pete
http://www.alternativephotography.com/peter_fredrick.html