Re: gum printing /PORTUGAL

From: Jeff Sumner (jdos2@mindspring.com)
Date: 03/16/03-12:23:17 PM Z

On 3/14/03 8:23 PM, "Jack Fulton" <jefulton1@attbi.com> wrote:

> I'm just reiterating the interest in finding Carlos. I brought him here to
> San Francisco to teach a workshop of 5 weeks in the Kallitype and he lived
> with us. I will more than second the knowledge that he is a good cook. He is
> a master chef and we laughed an ate hearty for over a month. It was terrific
> shopping with him . . . and, also back in Lisboa.
> jack
>

>> The first contact I had with Platinum/Palladium was with Carlos Gasparinho
>> some years ago in an workshop in Lisbon.
>> At that time , as you said he was really active in alt photography mainly
>> Kallytype.
>> I'm trying to contact him for long time without success. The last news I
>> had from him was that after some time abroad he returned to Portugal, but
>> unfortunately until this moment I was not able to contact him directly
>> even after several tries.
>> I would be really glad if I could contact him to exchange ideas and
>> knowledge.
>> Perhaps he now owns a restaurant. I used to hear that he was a brilliant
>> cook !
>>
>> So I repeat your question :Any one know of his whereabouts ?

I can only say I wish I could join you. My "alt process" last visit (in
November) was some severely pulled (accidentally) Agfa 200 120 film, but it
worked out for the best as the contrast was extremely high- and from the 9
minute development, I got great negatives out of my Mamiya 7.

Please enjoy uma bica for me!

I will return in the summer.