Kosar, was Re: Gum printing, staining, pigment stain

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 03/21/03-10:41:06 AM Z

Judy Seigel wrote:

>> Furthermore, Kosar's use of mild disclaimers is no different than
>> others on this list (including you and me) in essence saying YRMV--your
>> results may vary. (As an aside, one of the teachers I work with the
>> students call him a "walking disclaimer".)
>
>You are very kind -- mild disclaimers indeed ! He cites OTHER stuff and
>then extrapolates... more like a Walking Extrapolator, which may be
>dangerous, even possibly illegal.

For the record I disagree with Judy's description of Kosar. I have
found his book to be a valuable reference with much useful
information about dichromated colloids. It is certainly not a guide
book to any specific process, and some of the research cited
contradicts itself, but on the whole one can learn a lot about the
behaviour of dichromated colloids with a careful reading of Chapter 2.

Sandy King