Re: unprintable

BobWicks@aol.com
Date: 03/21/03-09:23:29 AM Z

David:
I probably could help you, but your statements are not very clear. For
example this is what you say.
 I tried to print some new neg. and they were absolutely horrible.
I always make a print from a negative. If I print a new negative this means
that I make a new negative. There is some confusion in your statement.

I assume that you are doing a gum print. If the negative that you are using
worked well for the last time then you have to reason that something is very
different. Inspite of what you say something is not the same. Now here is
something for you to consider. Use distilled water in your chemistry and
also for your wash out. Changes in the pH of the liquids will cause a
pronounced effect on the development and the wash out. If your water for
example is very hard the entire image will wash away. I have a paper that
describes exactly the what effect the ph has on this process.

Bob Wicks, Prof Emeritus, Photography