RE: Usable negs from slides

From: Eric Neilsen (e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 03/22/03-09:17:59 AM Z

Expose for the shadow and develop for your highlights... Yes, you will
need to reduce your contrast, especially if you want to use your Jobo.
If D76 is your developer of choice, try 1:3 a dilution. Give plenty of
exposure and a shorter (possibly 4 min to 5 min) process. The film has
a good straight line, but without adequate preparations, you'll go too
contrasty. I'll be teaching an enlarged negative class at the Formulary
workshops in Montana this summer with prints including Platinum,
Cyanotype, Chyrsotypes.

I prefer Ilfotec HC at 1:47 with Delta 100 for that type of work.

Berger 200 might also be a good panchromatic choice as it tends to be a
bit flatter than delta. It is also available up to 20x24 so you don't
need to run more test if you like your results.

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street
Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226