Re: Fish Glue/Gum Arabic for Plate Bites

FOTAR2@aol.com
Date: 03/27/03-01:28:23 PM Z

Joe,

In order to polymerize the resist and make it fully acid resistant, the last
stage before etching requires that a plate coated with hardened fish glue be
baked in an oven between 500-550 degrees for about 5-10 minutes, reaching a
color between tan and light brown. I don't know how GA can hold up to those
temperatures. It might be fine, or it might require a different temperature
range, but that's the only place I can think of offhand that might make a
difference. Try it.

Bob