varnish

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 03/29/03-09:39:36 AM Z

     Just tried another varnish (I must be really into this varnish thing;
dreamt last night I found a book in a used bookstore called Vernis Soehnee;
what a find) called Golden Polymer UV Varnish, from Daniel Smith. On top of
a gum it does deepen the color, and is quite glossy full strength, too.
Funny thing, I don't even care if my prints are deeper, nor do I technically
want them glossy, but what the heck, it's fun to be in search of the holy
grail of varnishes.
     Anyway, it has UV inhibitors, thins with water if you want, up to
20-40%, and smells a lot like Future except for that spring fresh scent is
absent (darn). It is thick in the jar, like heavy duty Karo Syrup. I think
if I were to choose from all the varnishes I have tried, this would fit the
bill.
Chris