Re: Slowest development / was Re: emergency question regarding cyanotype

From: Agustin (abarrutia@velocom.com.ar)
Date: 03/31/03-12:58:13 AM Z

Now that you mention it Philip, is there a reasonable way to develop
Daguerreotypes with cold (room temperature) mercury?. I´ve tried it with the
normal process (Iodide and mercury at 60 Cº) and the developing times are
arround 1-5 minutes. What are the drawbacks when developing with room temp
mercury?. That might save me some health problems in the future!
Thanks in advance.

Agustin Barrrutia